CFD of Turbomachinery
Free CFD software
The F software package is a free CFD code for turbomachinery and includes a shell program (a pre-processor for geometry and gasdynamic initial data input and a post-processor for visualization of computed results), and actually a CFD solver. The overwhelming majority of the code modules are written in Fortran-95 algorithmic language. The shell program runs in Windows (XP, 7, 8, 10) or using Wine emulator in Linux. The CFD solver runs in any OS given software Fortran modules can be compiled.
This software is distributed freely under the rules of New BSD License.
Downloading the code or requesting its source code from the developer means, that the person, performing these actions, agrees with the license agreement .
The current build-up: 2017.10.14.20.44.35.
This build-up does not require registration and activation!
To access the links go through the reCAPTCHA process(human-or-robot) and press button "Submit":
Links for downloading (after reCAPTCHA-verification and pressing button "Submit"):
1) the executables of the code F, including CFD solver (downloads: 216);
2) the F database containing a test computation
3) updated files of help and dialog texts for the current version of the code (File archive creation date is 2017.10.14).
You can find the archive of the previous versions of the CFD code F here. List of the main bug fixes and improvements of the program is attached.
The database file is about 80 Mb. If you have problem to download it directly, please use a download manager.
To install the code F perform the following.
1. Unpack the archive file with the CFD code F on a work drive into a folder whose path may not contain characters not from the main table of symbols (such as Cyrillic, Eastern European Latin, etc.), and blanks. Moreover, the path should be as short as possible. It is preferred to unpack into the disk root folder. As a result, the folder named F20YYMMDD appears, where YY - two-digit of year, MM - two-digit of month, DD - two-digit of day - the date of the current version release of the code. This folder will be called further as the main folder of the code F.
2. Run the batch file F.cmd or F64.cmd in the main folder of the CFD code F.
If a window appears with information "Activate the code", then close the window, since before the activation the code will not work, and go to step "3". If the program window opens fully and the program menu will be available, then go to step "5".
3. Look for file "licenseoutputcodes.dat", created in a subfolder "license" of main folder, when you perform previous step. Send it to e-mail with the theme "Registration". You will receive an answer with the license file "license.dat". Place it in the subfolder "license" of the main directory (if the file with the same name exists there - replace it).
4. Run the file F.cmd or F64.cmd in the main directory of the CFD code F again. The program window opens fully and the program menu will be available.
5. Installation is completed.
Installing an updated version of the CFD code does not require any activation. You can use the old license file.
To install the database containing a test computation perform the following.
1. Unpack the archive file with the database on a work drive into a folder whose path may not contain characters not from the main table of symbols (such as Cyrillic, Eastern European Latin, etc.), and blanks. Moreover, the path should be as short as possible. It is preferred to unpack into the disk root folder. As a result, the folder named F_DataBase appears. This folder will be called further as the main database folder.
2. Run the file F.cmd in the main folder of the CFD code F (if the code is not running before).
3. In the menu "File" select item "Path to project database».
4. Use the browse button to find the main folder of the database and select it.
The database is connected.
Initial data for the gasdynamic computations, database structure and content of its files are described here.
User Guide of the CFD code F is presented in the form of built-in software help, which should be studied before the performing aerodynamic computations. Currently, there are help files only in Russian.
In process of occurrence of interest in the code, the help files for other languages will be created.
In the nearest future the opportunity to download the source codes of the shell (pre- and post-processing of the software package) and / or CFD solver will be given.
In case of successful experience with the free CFD solver F, its users are encouraged to post link to this web-resource, for example at LinkedIn network.
This website detects your IP to keep visitor statistics.